In the industrial world, we talk a lot about the stereotypical, heavy-duty, industrial ladders – Extension ladders, Articulating ladders, Enclosed ladders and all the variations in these categories.
Today, let’s talk about an unsung hero, the Platform Stepladder.
Here are a couple of reasons why I love this style of ladder.
- They are super lightweight.
- They have a super-small storage profile, making them easy to bring from job to job.
- They can be set up or taken down with one hand, and they take barely any time to do either.
- They are available in fiberglass, so they can be a great ladder for electricians.
- The platform helps you get close to your job while limited the foot fatigue that can happen when standing on narrow rungs for hours on end.
Right now, my favorite platform ladder is the MightyLite. It’s made with the same lightweight fiberglass as the HyperLite extension ladders, making it almost as lightweight as an aluminum option. The MightyLight also has all sorts of features engineered into it. The top cap’s design allows you to bring almost any tool you could imagine. There is a hook for a paint can, grooves for drills, nails, screwdrivers, even a groove to hold a fluorescent tube. The MightyLite also has the Ground Cue™ bottom rung indicator to let you know when you’ve reached the bottom rung.
Do you use a platform stepladder? Which one is your favorite?