Now is the time of year that a lot of people get outside and try to finish up a few projects before winter hits. With these fall projects come people using their ladders. With that in mind, here are a couple of tips to help you be safe this fall:
1. Always let someone know you will be using a ladder and, if possible, have someone outside with you.
2. Use a tool belt to help you keep three points of contact.
3. Use the right ladder for the job. If you are trimming trees, use a stepladder. If you are cleaning gutters, use an extension ladder.
4. Be aware of muscle fatigue and take a break if you need to.
5. Always inspect the ladder before you use it.
6. If working on the roof, extend the ladder three feet above the roof line.