good fiberglass

Fiberglass in good condition

A ladder accident in Tennessee led to one man dead and another injured.  The two men were trimming trees near a power line when they had an accident.  They were taken to a hospital where one man was pronounced dead and the other man was treated for non-life threatening injuries.  An investigation found that the man who passed away had been moving a ladder when it struck an overhead line. He was electrocuted.

This tragic accident provides a few reminders.

  1. Always be aware of your surroundings. If you’re moving a ladder, look out for anything overhead.
  2. If you are working near any electrical wires or power lines, use a fiberglass ladder. Fiberglass does not conduct electricity, so it is not quite as dangerous if you accidentally touch something electrical with your ladder.