Here are a few jobs that might require a ladder:
Wash Your Windows
Check for and Repair Leaks
If any of these tasks is on your to-do list, here are a couple of safety tips to help you get the job done safely:
- Have someone there to help you be safe and to stabilize the ladder, if necessary.
- Inspect your ladder before climbing it. Check for any defects or other safety issues with your ladder. Make sure all bolts are secure and that your ladder is in good overall shape.
- Never overreach. Instead, move your ladder to a new spot so you can better, more safely reach your task.
- Follow three points of contact. Keep both your feet you and one hand on the ladder while you are working.
- Beware of uneven ground. Find a way to level the ground or use a leveler with your ladder.