Another part of ladder safety that we don’t talk about a lot is the issue of storing your ladder safely. When a ladder is not stored safely and securely, it can lead to the ladder getting damages, or worse, the ladder falling and hitting someone. One piece of ladder safety is storing your ladder the right way.
Here are a couple of tips for storing your ladder safely:
- Store the ladder in a dry, temperature regulated place. Ladders stored in places where they can get damp or where they are exposed to extreme temperatures wear out more quickly.
- Place the ladder in a good storage position. Either lay it down flat in a clutter-free area or lean it straight against a wall.
- Store the ladder where it can’t be damaged by vehicles or heavy objects. You could use a ladder rack to store it off the ground or floor and out of the way.
- Put the ladder where it is not a trip hazard and where it does not block the walkway.
- If storing the ladder at home, store it where kids won’t be tempted to climb it.
Storing your ladder the right way will help it last longer and will help you and others be safe.